Volunteer Telephone Befriender
You will be part of Dial West Cheshire’s ‘Check in and Chat’ team, helping to reduce social isolation by providing practical and emotional support via telephone to members of our community.
What will I be doing?
- Making phone calls to a small cohort of “Check in and Chat” customers each week.
- Ensuring customers are safe and getting their practical needs met
- Identifying any practical, health, social and emotional needs customers may have and signposting them to suitable sources of support
- Logging contact phone calls onto an online management system
- Attending and contributing to team meetings
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- Be a skilled communicator
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Be an empathic listener
- To be a good problem solver
- With support from your supervisor, to be able to manage challenging situations – should they arise
- To have basic ICT skill to log details of calls online
How much time will I need to commit?
4 hours per week (including group supervision)
Where will I be based?
This is a home based volunteering opportunity.
How to apply
You can apply by completing the contact form, here, and letting us know which volunteer role you’re interested in applying for and why. Alternatively, you could call us on 01244 345655 and request an informal chat with our Volunteer and Learning Manager.