Volunteer Marketing Assistant
This is a role ideally suited to someone with an interest in one day undertaking a paid marketing role and looking to expand their skills on their CV. The marketing assistant will help to implement Dial West Cheshire’s marketing strategy.
What will I be doing?
Supporting the marketing manager, the role of the marketing assistant will include, but not be limited to:
- Drafting press releases
- Updating the website and social media pages
- Planning and assisting the running of events
- Providing administrative support
- Planning, executing and reviewing marketing campaigns
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- Great interpersonal skills. You will need to build relationships with a wide variety of people
- A person with a good professional manner and a sense of humour
- A proclivity for team-working and adaptability
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Basic IT skills or a willingness to learn. Ideally you will have in MS Office packages (Excel and Word)
- Experience of using social media
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work on a number of projects at once
- Ability to work to deadlines
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience using Canva (graphic design package)
- Have or working towards a formal education in marketing or business studies
How much time will I need to commit?
To be agreed with the volunteer. We are open to discussing what hours the right person would like to volunteer for.
Where will I be based?
This is a hybrid volunteering opportunity with a mixture of home working, online meetings and meetings in Chester.
How to Apply?
You can apply by completing the contact form, here, and letting us know which volunteer role you’re interested in applying for and why. Alternatively, you could call us on 01244 345655 and request an informal chat with our Volunteer and Learning Manager.