Board of Directors
To provide governance to Dial West Cheshire, accepting legal authority (jointly with other Board members) for the company and charity and representing the organisation in the community. To ensure that Dial West Cheshire operates in pursuit of its charitable objects as set out in the Articles of Association.
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring Dial West Cheshire complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensuring Dial West Cheshire pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- Ensuring resources are applied exclusively in pursuance of the objects
- Assisting with providing strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Ensuring financial stability and that funds are used for proper purposes
- Attending Board and other relevant meetings, scrutinising papers in advance and actively contributing where appropriate
- Safeguarding the organisation’s good name and values
- Appointing the Chief Officer and monitor their performance
- Representing the charity at meetings and events and be an ambassador for the organisation in the community
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
It is important that a diverse skills set is represented amongst the Board. It is expected that Board members work as a team, such that they can draw on different skills depending on the task in hand. We encourage you to highlight your particular strengths, so that we can compare these to the skills already represented on the Board. The following are some more general specification criteria relevant to the role:
- A commitment to the vision, mission and values of Dial West Cheshire
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An ability to make sound, independent judgements
- An ability to think creatively
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
How to apply
You can apply by completing the contact form, here, and letting us know which volunteer role you’re interested in applying for and why. Alternatively, you could call us on 01244 345655 and request an informal chat with our Volunteer and Learning Manager.