Volunteer Ability Angel
The Ability Angels support individuals to access shops and amenities in Chester town centre. The Angels provide one to one practical support to complete tasks as well as companionship and social contact.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting disabled individuals on a one-to-one basis to access amenities in Chester Town Centre, including Shops, events, cafes and appointments
- Attending appropriate supervision and training
- Liaising with manager regarding and comments or concerns
- Respecting client and staff confidentiality
- Ensuring a consistent service is delivered
- Adhering to all Dial West Cheshire policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety, Lone Working, etc.
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- To be friendly, professional and customer focussed
- Have an understanding and commitment to the needs, rights and aspirations of disabled people
- Good communication skills
- Having the capacity to physically assist clients (push wheelchairs, carry items) is occasionally required
How much time will I need to commit?
3 hours per week
Where will I be based?
Shopmobility Chester. The service is provided in Chester town centre.
How to apply
You can apply by completing the contact form, here, and letting us know which volunteer role you’re interested in applying for and why. Alternatively, you could call us on 01244 345655 and request an informal chat with our Volunteer and Learning Manager.