Shopmobility Customer Service
Dial West Cheshire’s Shopmobility Centres offer a valued, high-quality service to our disabled customers. As part of our team, you will support the day-to-day operation, welcoming our service users and ensuring their needs are met.
What will I be doing?
- Providing welcoming customer service when greeting members of the public who are visiting or telephoning Dial Shopmobility.
- Ensuring that clients/ customers are provided with correct information regarding the hire and safe use of mobility equipment.
- Inputting clients booking details onto Dial West Cheshire’s Shopmobility database.
- Effectively communicating with fellow volunteers and staff.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Following health and safety procedures.
- Adhering to the confidentiality policy and compliance with Data Protection policies and procedures as required.
- Participate in team meetings and external events.
- Participating in training opportunities arranged by Dial West Cheshire
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- Experience in a customer service environment is desirable.
- Basic computer literacy is desirable.
- Experience of disability, personal or through contact with disabled people.
- Good communication skills both face-to-face and via telephone.
- Be respectful to clients, treat them impartially and maintain confidentiality.
How much time will I need to commit?
A minimum of 3 hours per week.
Where will I be based?
Dial West Cheshire Shopmobility Chester, Ellesmere Port or Northwich.
How to Apply?
You can apply by completing the contact form, here, and letting us know which volunteer role you’re interested in applying for and why. Alternatively, you could call us on 01244 345655 and request an informal chat with our Volunteer and Learning Manager.