Improving the lives of Disabled People
Free, confidential, independent advice and information on disability related issues with a focus on Welfare Benefits and Disability Rights.
How Can We Help?
We offer assistance in applications for funding from the Household Support Fund. To request assistance go to Household Support Fund
We offer an appointment-based disability rights service for help including:
· Support to claim welfare benefits eg Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Employment & Support Allowance (ESA) and Attendance Allowance (AA).
· Support to appeal against unsuccessful benefit claims
· Support to apply for a blue-badge (disabled persons parking scheme)
· Support to apply for grants for disabled people in need
· We also work with partners and give out information about other services to make sure you get all the help you need.
Appointments can be by telephone, video-call or in person at our offices.
Where possible we deal with enquiries online or by telephone (01244 345 655) in the first instance. Alternatively an Adviser from Citizens Advice Cheshire West is available at Dial House to see people face-to-face. This is a first-come, first serve Drop-In Service and you might need to wait. Our telephones are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
We also deliver the Cheshire & Wirral Hubs Mobility Service. The service improves independence and reduces isolation and loneliness for older people and disabled people by providing advice on access to transport and alternative travel options for people who are advised to stop driving and those unable to learn to drive. Follow the link to the website for more information or contact us to discuss your needs with an Adviser. We deliver this service in partnership with Chester DriveAbility and Driving Mobility.
Advice Quality Standard
Dial West Cheshire hold the AQS (Advice Quality Standard) quality mark for providing advice to the public on social welfare issues. We have been able to demonstrate that we are easily accessible, effectively managed, and employ staff with the skills and knowledge to meet the needs of our clients.