Our Disability Rights Advice team were delighted to be invited to join a celebration event for Cheshire West Voluntary Action’s Volunteer Awards recently at The Bluecoat in Chester.
While the winners were announced last December in the run up to Christmas, Cheshire West Voluntary Action decided against holding an event around that time with the high number of COVID-19 cases so it was lovely to see everyone come together to celebrate the real difference volunteers make in our communities.
Gary Cliffe, Cheshire West Voluntary Action CEO, hosted the event and were pleased to welcome Robert Mee, High Sheriff of Cheshire, who helped with the presentations. The High Sheriff also gave Bob Barton, who picked up our Lifetime Achievement Award, an award of his own to recognise his contribution to the local community.
Our Disability Rights Advice team were delighted to be named “Volunteer Team of the Year” and be recognised in such a wonderful way.
The awards presented on the day were:
- Mental Health Champion of the Year – Sophie Maylor
- Green Champion of the Year – Mandy White
- Poverty Champion of the Year – Elaine Herrington
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Amy Clarke
- Older Volunteer of the Year – Len Moss
- Trustee of the Year – Warren Lee Allmark
- Inspirational Volunteer of the Year – Sam Horton
- Team of the Year – Disability Rights team, Dial West Cheshire
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Bob Barton